Q:TAG! you're it. The rules are to state ten random facts about your self. Then send this to the ten nicest people on tumblr. :)
Hi Abbie! :) Thanks for finding me nice. Hihihi
- I enjoy having curry chicken pasta. I’m not a huge fan of spicy food, but I really like it.
- I can watch gory horror movies without flinching but I cry like a baby when I watch animal/pet movies - or in a series (ie Dolphin Tale, Hachiko, Marley and Me, when the dog dies in Blind, when the horse gets eaten by walkers in the first episode of The Walking Dead, etc).
- I adore the theater. Seriously. C calls me ‘hipster’ but when he asked me out to a theater production for our second date (which was in 2008 - way before hipsters started trending), I knew he must be the one.
- With relation to #3, my secret dream is to become a Broadway star. Unfortunately, my singing skills is only appreciated in the shower.
- I actually have a nice time going to museums. I’m not one of those cultured/artsy types, but I appreciate walking around in silence and immersing myself in history/art/whatever it is the museum features.
- ..and most of the time, I do this alone. I have few friends who gets it, and C doesn’t enjoy it.
- Sometimes, I wonder how I lost my ‘bubbly’ attitude. Ever since I started working, I found myself quiet most of the time - and not just in the office. I used to smile a lot, and have to stop myself from talking. Lately though, I have to push myself to actually talk to people.
- I want to have bangs again but I don’t want to look too K-Pop-ish. Ugh.
- If I could have one wish that wouldn’t be used to win the lottery, I just want an all-expense paid luxury stay in an island for a week. I’d get a tan (well, maybe not), get massages, be in a swimsuit the whole time, relish the peace and privacy, eat seafood until I tire of it…
- I prefer frozen yogurt (plain, no toppings or syrups, etc) over icecream.
“There’s only one Queen Bitch in this town and that’s me.”
I’m sorry the best my blog could offer right now is some Blair Waldorf goodness. I haven’t really found the time to blog, and frankly, I do not feel as motivated to do so now that my laptop gave up (for real, along with my files and my Photoshop). I’m still saving up for a new one and my goal is to have enough money by June. But who know, I might just get lucky and win the lottery. Fingers crossed.
My 1st shoot. one of my closest friends offered to model for me cause she needed it for a subject at DLSU
Model: Teesh Osita ( teesh-oh.tumblr.com)
I had a cheesy watermark back then. LOL
Ooohh instant blog update. Hi guys, still alive and kicking.
I do not need a sentence nor a paragraph to describe how I’ve been feeling for the past two months.
I guess from an outside perspective, I look the same. Sure, my life has its moments too such as my bedroom renovation (finally!), a job I enjoy doing (on most days), I get to go shopping more than I should, my plans of actually going places push through and I get to splurge on food (which is somewhat obvious if you we are connected via other social networks).
Maybe all those sleepless nights contribute to this feeling, but I’m not just physically tired. I’m mentally and emotionally exhausted from everything that I have to go through the past couple of months. I cannot even remember the last time I baked, and in itself, that statement creates a lot of context.
All I need is some space and time to breathe, how hard could it be to acquire that?
Classic Confections’ Nono’s Chocolate Oblivion (Php 225)
Eating the sides of this cake was my favorite part. The crunch, the chocolate frosting, the cocoa powder on top all went together and created a melt-in-your-mouth chocolate explosion.. yeah, I’m running out of sensible words to describe this. Haha!
Blueberry Cupcakes with Caramel filling and Whipped Cream Frosting
I spent New Year’s Eve (yes, this is a super late post) making tons of cupcakes to give away. At one point, I even considered never to frost cupcakes again.
Wow, won’t you look at that? Two posts in one weekend! *pats back* Hooray for a new beauty post! Who here can remember the last time I published one? Certainly not me! Fortunately, Andrea and Karen tagged me in a Beauty Tag, and the mechanics is as simple as the title: This or That? :)
To be honest, I only own two pieces of blush and a lonely bronzer (ELF Blush in Candid Coral and ELF Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Sunkissed), the two above and the blush I won from Kim. I rarely use a bronzer since I lack any sense of contouring ability. Also, I feel like I look older than I really am without making my features stronger. Hmmm.
I never really wear gloss so this one is an easy peasy. Above are my current favorites: Avon Ultra Moisture Rich in Barely There, MAC Please Me and Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Monte Carlo.
What is the difference anyway? I can’t make an informed decision without knowing. Haha! But what I do use are the following: ONE Naturales Shea Butter Lip Balm in Berry Delicious and SkinFood Shea Butter Lip Care Bar.
When it comes to eyeshadows, I use a mix of matte and shimmer. The only thing I’m particular about is color since I’m into warm, neutral ones such as the ones from the Sleek Make Up Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette. Admittedly, I only use one shade of eyeshadow (shown in title photo) when I’m too lazy to care (which is most of the time hahaha), Rimmel London Colour Rush Mono Eyeshadow in Smokey Quartz.
In the battle between foundation (Majolica Majorca Skin Remaker Pore Cover) and concealer (ELF All Over Cover Stick), my flawed face needs both to look extra polished. However, for my everyday look I stick with just foundation (Bourjois Paris Healthy Mix Serum). I do want people to still recognize me even without makeup on, and I only go for full coverage when I have to attend events.
Again, the answer to this question depends on the look I’m going for. I use a light hand with pencil liners (Avon Glimmersticks in Cosmic Brown) for romantic dates to subtly make my eyes pop *wink wink*. For night outs and events where I know I will get my photo taken, I use my gel pencil liner (IN2IT Waterproof Gel Liner) if I’m putting the focus on my eyes and a liquid liner (IN2IT Liquid Liner) when I need more defined eyes and the party is on my lips. :)
Sure, loose powder is more recommended for oily faced girls like yours truly, but I’m mostly on the go, hence, bringing around loose powder and applying it (while on a car/bus, yes I do that) is something I find too messy. Pressed powder (SkinFood White Grape Fresh Light Pact), hands down.
First off, I do not use a sponge. I use makeup brushes (Sigma Premium Travel Kit Sweet in Pink and ELF Professional Total Face Brush) for basically everything. Or my clean fingers in applying my everyday foundation (stated above), because it’s just easier that way. :p
Lastly, when it comes to mascara, the crybaby in me prefers waterproof ones though it’s harder to take off at the end of the day. I’m not too picky when it comes to mascara since I throw it out after 6 months (my eyes are pretty sensitive). The one I’m currently using (IN2IT Mascara) is the one I got from IN2IT, bundled with the IN2IT Liquid Eyeliner. Now ladies, what are your beauty essentials? :)
I’m tired of saying sorry for neglecting my blog. Real life happened and I’m glad it did, it’s nothing to be sorry for. :)
Here’s my rollercoaster of a month (and it’s only the first month, I can foresee an exciting year ahead), recapped via Instagram photos (yeah, I joined the bandwagon). January, we had a good run. :)
- I acquired books over the gift giving season. Yay! :)
- I cleaned up all the literal mess 2012 left behind. Finally got to sort through my university things.
- Chocolates can only do so much.
- I have a thing for hot beverages with foam designs. A friend found a coffee shop that serves them that way and we hanged out while trying to sober up.
- Food, as usual.
- Had a major hair cut, which I keep as wavy as I can manage.
- Shawarma Snack Center serves authentic Arabic cuisine.
- You can’t really fix a problem with chick flick scenarios. But it wouldn’t hurt to try.
- I have a black (side mullet?) dress I want to use but I don’t know where to wear it to.
- “Close some doors today. Not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but simply because they no longer lead somewhere.” - Paulo Coelho
- Waffle batter cupcakes with marshmallow frosting and dark chocolate espresso shavings for garnish. Aesthetic rut sucks.
- I avoid Forever 21 but not whenever I need a pick me up. My poor wallet.
- "The truth is that things don’t really get solved. They come together and they fall apart. Then they come together again and fall apart again. It’s just like that." - Pema Chodron’s When Things Fall Apart
- 3-day training on Problem Solving and Decision Making.
- January ended with dinner, white wine, and a smile on my face. :)
Why I put in 2013 for my previous post is beyond me.. but I guess it’s a good thing. It’s about time I keep looking forward instead of being stuck in the past, accept what has already happened and move on.. which is why let’s move on to what we ate (for lunch and dinner) for our first day in Baguio! :)
We were quite skeptical when mom insisted on having lunch in Oh My Gulay, a vegetarian restaurant. More so when we had to climb up five floors to get there. On our way up, I kept wondering whether it was worth it since mom did our itinerary and I did no research - at all. Fortunately, it was a really nice surprise. :)
The place was so quirky and had a very relaxed vibe which I absolutely loved.
Tin just had to climb everything! There were so many interesting spots, we had a hard time deciding on a table.
I had the Kabute Pasta since I am a fan of mushrooms! The pasta was saucy and the serving was huge.
And I think we had three orders for the Oh My Gulay Rice which was yummy and healthy at the same time. Seriously, someone bring a vegetarian place as affordable as this one near me!
Sibuyas Kabute Omelet for Tin. I didn’t get a bite of this one but Tin slurped it down as fast as she can so it must be good.
I definitely enjoyed everything (except for the ones I didn’t get to taste) but this Lumpia Salad is my favorite!
Unfortunately, I couldn’t distinguish between the three different crepe flavors - which I also didn’t get to taste due to the fact that I had the flu the whole time we were in Baguio. :(
For dinner, we went to Session Road and decided on Solibao Restaurants. Admittedly, the decision was made by picking which restaurant had an available table for five. Nearly all the restaurants were packed! We had to walk up and down the street (and I mean that literally) looking for a place to eat. Ugh, one of the down sides of going to tourist spots during the holidays.
Don’t you just love how they serve the rice, though? :)
I won’t be able to tell which dish is which as I was too hungry to care at the time. We went here after going biking for an hour, everyone was starving! But we had pancit for the birthday girl (Tin).
Tipid sa plato! Hahaha!
We also ordered one of their bilao specials which consisted mainly of grilled meat (and seafood).
And I ordered Bulalo. I needed something hot and soup-y for the flu.
My body never really cooperates with vacations, remember our Cagayan Valley trip? Sigh.